Indian Aviation Academy, a premier institute for Education, Training and Research in Aviation with three organizations under its umbrella – Airports Authority of India (AAI), Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) is proud to announce a major new agreement with the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) and International Association of Airport Executives (IAAE), an affiliate organization of AAAE and GMR Aviation Academy to bring a wide-ranging array of professional development and training programs to airport executives throughout India.
This historic agreement, which was formalized today with the signing of a “Memorandum of Understanding” at the Indian Aviation Academy in New Delhi, marks the first comprehensive partnership between India and IAAE to provide a variety of benefits to airport executives in India, including a widely-respected accreditation program, interactive training sessions and additional professional development opportunities. With nearly 70 years of experience, AAAE is the world’s largest provider of interactive training for employees at airports of all sizes throughout the United States.
The MoU was signed in the presence of Shri.S. Suresh, Member (Finance), AAI and Member(General Council), IAA. He appreciated the initiative and expressed the importance of trainings, especially when Indian aviation growth is progressing to make India one of the largest aviation market in coming years and also when more airports are being added under RCS. He also emphasized that training plays an important role in not only airports making them sustainable but to operate with safety as prime role.
Hareendranathan E.P., Executive Director of the Indian Aviation Academy, and Meloth H Krishnan, Head of GMR Aviation Academy, said in a joint statement. “We are very pleased to be part of this collaboration
with IAAE and look forward to implementing these top-notch benefits and training for our growing airport
On the occasion the training partners from America Association of Airport Executives expressed,
“AAAE and IAAE expresses extreme pride and honor to sign this Memorandum of Understanding with the Indian Aviation Academy and GMR Aviation Academy to provide important membership and training services to the country’s dedicated airport executives and professional staff,” as messaged by AAAE Chair Jeanne Olivier, A.A.E., ACE, Assistant Director, Aviation Security and Technology at the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, and IAAE Co-Chair Jeff Mulder, A.A.E., Executive Director at the Lee County Port Authority in Fort Myers, Fla.,in a joint statement have expressed “We are excited to continue this important partnership in the months and years to come.”
Under the agreement, airport staff throughout India will be eligible for the following benefits and professional development opportunities, which will be provided through IAAE:
• IAAE-India membership program for individual airport executives and professional staff;
• The Accredited Airport Executive (A.A.E.) program, which will award the A.A.E.-India designation to candidates who successfully demonstrate a high level of expertise in the airport management profession, and accreditation academies in India organized by IAAE;
• The International Aerodrome Certified Employee (IACE) online training and certification program, which is based on International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 14;
• Video training delivered through AAAE’s Digi cast system on every aspect needed to run an airport, including operations, maintenance, security, aircraft rescue and firefighting (ARFF) and more;
• Training courses held in India on airport security and ARFF.